Sunday, April 17, 2011

Braised Greens

When I was pregnant with my second child almost every night I would dream I was drinking a cup of coffee. I missed coffee!

Lately I’ve been dreaming of greens! Today I got some radishes at the Farmer’s Market and it occurred to me on the way home I could eat the greens for lunch. I couldn’t wait.


Braised Greens

Inspired by http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1650,130181-252196,00.html This will work with any greens – radish tops, beet tops, chard, kale (cook it longer), braising mix, and so on.


1 bunch of greens

2-3 T olive oil

3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced

3 T tomato paste

¼ cup of broth

Salt and pepper


Wash greens, discard any tough stems (like chard, spinach, or kale).

In a skillet heat the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and cook the garlic until golden. Add the greens and allow to wilt. Add the tomato paste and broth. Cook for 10 minutes over low heat.


Serve over pasta.


NOTE: instead of tomato paste and broth about ½ cup of any tomato based sauce would work fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment