Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Week Nineteen of 2013


I couldn’t resist this funny tomato at pick up yesterday.  Someone remarked on how much dirt was on the Head Lettuce – I just love that dirt!  During the off season I’m sometimes saddened by how delicate and perfect my scallions are or how uniform the carrots are in their packages.  So here is to imperfect, tasty vegetables!
 
We got...

Arugula, Broccoli, Butternut Squash, Fennel, Garlic, Head Lettuce, Jalapeno, Pepper (Bell), Potato (Fingerling), Radish, Tatsoi, Tomato (Slicing)

Fruit: Apples
 
My ideas....
 
Arugula – See the post Readers Request: Arugula Suggestions
 
Broccoli – I’m always on the lookout for a pizza for adults on pizza night.  This Broccoli Pecorino Tart looks tasty and easy.
 
Butternut Squash – I just need a potluck or gathering so I can share these Butternut Squash Crostini.  They are slices of bread with roasted squash, wrapped in bacon, with fresh sage.
 
Fennel and Garlic- I’m thinking this Garlic Braised Fennel will be melt in your mouth delicious.
 
Jalapeno – Jalapenos will give a nice kick to the vinaigrette in Grilled Shrimp with Vietnamese Vinaigrette.
 
Fingerling Potatoes – I’ve been waiting for these to show up so we can make Balsamic Roasted Fingerling Potato Wedges again.
 
Radish – I want to try the cooking method and flavor combination in Stir Fried Chicken with Radishes, Chipotles, and Lime.  The recipe includes use of the radish greens.
 
Tatsoi – I’m trying to find a method to make Sesame Noodles with Japanese Vegetables.  I’ll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment