Thursday, October 17, 2013

Recipe Reviewed: Poblano-Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches got a serious upgrade at our house last night.  The soup was fun to make and had great flavor - translated to “just the right amount of heat”.  The sandwiches look classy and have a marvelous combination of flavors.

 

Wednesday Menu – Poblano-Tomato Soup, Parmesan CrustedGrilled Cheese
Farm Share Food – Tomatoes, Garlic, Carmen Pepper, Poblano Peppers, Arugula
 
Poblano-Tomato Soup
 
Most of this soup is made by broiling vegetables in the oven.  It was actually quick and easy.  I used my immersion blender to puree the vegetables.  I found it much easier.  I pureed in batches and then poured the puree into a pan.  To the pan I added the spices and stock.  I decided to add lime juice to the soup instead of serving with lime wedges.
 
This soup could easily be made vegetarian by using vegetable stock or water instead of chicken stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment