Monday, June 30, 2014

Pad Thai

This is an easy and tasty make at home version of Pad Thai.



A couple of thoughts to share on making this recipe with a CSA share...

First off, I am always excited to find recipes that use many of the items we got in the week’s share.  This recipe used cabbage, garlic scapes, scallions, and cilantro from this week's share. 

The recipe calls for coleslaw mix.  I slice the CSA cabbage thin to make this recipe.  The recipe does not call for cooking the cabbage, except to heat through.   The sliced CSA cabbage needs a little cooking time.  When this recipe calls for the cabbage I add it, then put a little water in the pan, cover it, and steam for 5 minutes.  Then I continue with the recipe as written.


The picture above is a vegetarian version of this Pad Thai recipe.  I just eliminated the shrimp.  You could also make it with other protein – chicken, beef, or pork.   

No comments:

Post a Comment