Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Week Four of 2014

Later in the summer the farm will not be able to provide basil, so they potted basil for us to grow and have for use all summer.

We got...

Beets, Broccoli, Cabbage, Chard, Cucumber, Head Lettuce, Salad Mix, Scallions, Snow Peas, Summer Squash,  Zucchini, Basil, Parsley, Basil Pots

My ideas...

This recipe calls for Golden Beets, but I’m sure the striated Chioggia Beet would look great in this dish.


We needed a slaw for the July 4th Holiday!

Chard and Parsley – Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli
I have some wonton wrappers I need to use so I’m going to replace the spinach with chard and try this recipe.

Cucumber – Shaved Cucumber Salad

I’m going to try the snow peas as a substitution for the snap peas.


Summer Squash and/or Zucchini – Chickpea and VegetableTagine  

No comments:

Post a Comment